Monitoring of business critical applications
The operational performance of a company and the achievement of its goals are increasingly dependent on how well internal IT functions. To ensure continuous improvement of the quality of critical applications, there is no escaping monitoring the service delivered to users of critical applications – monitoring critical applications – end-user monitoring. Business application unavailability and poor access performance can demolish your company’s productivity and frustrate your staff. It is therefore of upmost importance to reduce the risks of unavailability of critical applications.
The ip-label solution
ip-label offers a range of tools and services for monitoring critical applications from the end user’s point of view. Our solutions help you to anticipate performance deteriorations and foresee service disruptions before your coworkers need to call IT support or an external provider.
Which business applications can be monitored?
Whatever your technology and means of access, ip-label solutions are able to simulate and measure experience on any type of business application:
- your internal applications in a corporate environment at one site or across multiple locations: ERP (SAP, Oracle, Peoplesoft), HR, Purchasing, Business Process Management, Consolidation and Business Intelligence (SAS, Business Objects, Oracle Hyperion), e-mail (Lotus Notes, Outlook),
- partner applications that are used within your company, whether SaaS or by remote access (Citrix, Terminal Server).
These applications can be measured irrespective of how they are accessed (from a PC or other workstation as well as from mobile devices such as Smartphones, tablets, etc.).
Defining & monitoring SLAs for business applications
Although IT has long been able to limit its role to managing infrastructures, it is now more and more often becoming a service center which must enhance its value added by guaranteeing application service levels that are acceptable to businesses and vital to the company’s success. In fact, contractualization of the relationship between IT management and business managements has become essential.
ip-label solutions can help you integrate ‘end-user’ oriented indicators into your service level agreements to:
- guarantee availability and performance levels for the application services business lines need,
- restore as speedily as possible any application service that has become defective or degraded,
- prevent incidents from recurring and diagnose their cause,
- assist the helpdesk and operators in managing and resolving incidents.
Contribution to ITIL processes
Measurement of response times, application availability, and more broadly, performance from the user’s point of view is an ITIL requirement. ip-label solutions contribute to successful implementation of the following ITIL processes:
- Service Level Management
- Availability Management
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Service Center