Monitor the perceived quality of your critical applications
Newtest is a system that measures the quality of critical applications as perceived from the standpoint of the end user. This solution gives you 24/7 measurement of the availability, performance, and response times of your critical transactions on any application (business, web, mobile, thick client, etc.).
At representative points within your company, each Newtest Robot regularly simulates business transactions, providing instant insight into the availability, response times, and performance of your critical application services at any moment and from any measurement point. This makes it easy to identify anomalies speedily, notify staff, and fix problems before users are affected.
Basics of operation
First, a study must be made of measurements to conduct by taking account of the business transactions to monitor, the location of Newtest Robots at representative points in the company, SLA targets, alarms to set, and more.
- Creation and deployment of measurement groups. Using Newtest Transaction Builder you can create scenarios and groups for measuring critical transactions. These components are then deployed to Newtest Robots.
- Measurement of the quality of application services. In line with a defined frequency and execution calendar, Newtest Robots replay the business transactions that were recorded to measure performance and alert designated staff in the event of a deterioration or unavailability.
- Supervision and Reporting. The measurements conducted by the robots are transmitted and centralized. They provide data for the generation of quality of service dashboards as well as real-time monitoring of application services.
An open system
Newtest measurements can be correlated with technical and/or business metrics to assess the impact of the infrastructure on ‘user’ quality of service or to match deterioration in application performance with a decrease in business activity.
- objectively measures response times and availability of any type of application
- proactively monitors critical transactions 24/7
- warns of performance degradation
- accelerates incident detection and resolution
- prioritizes processing of anomalies in accordance with business priorities
- facilitates drafting and negotiation of service level agreements
- autonomous, entirely secure operation
- centralized management and administration
- fast to roll-out and with minimal operation time
- provides insight into trends, states, and more