Launch of Virtual Android monitoring
Over the past few years, ip-label has been providing mobile application monitoring on iPhone and Samsung Android physical devices. This type of monitoring is carried out from our datacenters in Paris and Stockholm.
In addition, to cover more geographical areas, ip-label is now offering virtual Android monitoring over the cloud, starting in March 2019.
Among the advantages of this fully virtualized monitoring solution for Android are:
– Wider geographical coverage from Amazon (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and Alibaba (Aliyun) datacenters
– Enhanced reliability (no need to change battery or wi-fi connection)
– Application installation and operation identical to physical device
– Lower overhead costs
Nevertheless, the following limitations or characteristics should be kept in mind:
– SIM card and GPS not supported
– No manufacturer ‘layer’ (Samsung, Huawei): the virtualized system is a native Android (version 8 as of the date of this article)
– Virtualization is not available for iOS (iPhone)